Tuesday, August 26, 2008

No more umbilical cord. Yeah!

Today Angie's umbilical cord came off so Grandma and I wasted no time in giving her first non sponge bath. She was such a good baby during the whole bath. I am so lucky to have such a well tempered healthy baby.

How can my 9 day old baby have such a pudgy tummy?

Because I have such a good baby Grandma Kathy has had some down time to do some sewing. She has been working on Angie's blessing dress. She is almost done and still has some finishing touches but we wanted to see how it was fitting and could not help but take some cute photos. The baby blessing will be in October, if you would like to attend just ask and we will give you more info.
She was not looking at the camera but this is a picture of the full dress.

Andy got the baby swing put together and I think that Angie approves. Such a good baby.

6 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

She is just so beautiful! Pretty complexion.

I love homemade blessing dresses. Looks like Angie's is going to be pretty.

Kendra said...

I love the dress, she looks so cute!!!!! I like when the umbilical cord is gone makes life easier.

Rachel said...

What a lovely blessing dress on such a sweet, gorgeous girl.

And I should find some pictures of Garrett (my 10 lb. 6 oz 39 weeker...) when he was a couple days old. Oh, what a sweet round belly he had.

Darby said...

Thank you for adding new pictures. They may hold me over until I am able to see her on Sunday. Her tummy is so cute! It is nice to see more pictures with Megan in them too.

Bethany said...

She didn't even cry for her bath!!?? Such a good little girl. The dress is beautiful!

Darby said...

I just left her this morning and it already feels like an eternity.