Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday Week 40 3/7

Last night was a terrible night. While rolling over in bed I felt a snap crackle and or pop in my pelvis. This was followed by pain. I had to have poor Andy help me to the bathroom several times during the night because it was too painful to bear weight on my legs especially my left leg. The pain continued throughout the day today and gets worse with extended rest or extended activity. I placed a very emotional call to my doctor in hopes that she had some magical answer to solve my pain or lack of labor problem but was told only to take tylenol. Not what I wanted to hear. So now my ability to walk this baby out is limited by my ability to tolerate the hip pain. I have to give much credit to Andy's mom who took care of me all day, did the laundry, cleaned, drove me around for errands, took me to Target and my brother Cameron who also came over and cleaned my house. Later after dinner Andy, Kathy (Andy's mom) and I went to the pool to help me get some sort of activity for the day. Wish me luck on my continued survival.

6 comments:

The Mulligan Family said...

Oh Poor Megan! I'm so sorry you are so uncomfortable. That's not fair! We're thinking about you and sending you love and prayers. Tell that little one it's time she "moves out"! Love you!

Sara Liechty said...

Pregnancy is just not fun! Especially at the end. You will forget all about it once your sweet baby is in your arms! But until then...I'm so sorry, hang in there! Thinking about you!

Mike and Shelby said...

Oh, Megan! I hear you! My pregnancy with Brooke was really hard on my legs too. The inside of my left thigh looked and felt as if someone had taken a baseball bat to it. I feel your pain.

Keep your spirits up-once you meet your little one, it really will be worth all your pain and you'd do it again 10 times over! (I know, words mean little at this point.) Just get your rest!

Townsend said...

megan! have you all discussed inducing? I went 42wks with Jacob and finally threw in the towel!
we tried EVERY wives tale imaginable...just like i tried everything to remedy my all day 9mos of "morning" sickness -nothing worked! you poor girl!!! almost there!!!!

Jennifer Shorr said...

You are an absolute trooper! I feel so sad for your predicament. Oh, boy. You know she's coming soon though. You're almost there!

Rachel said...

Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear about all the pain! Have you considered going to a chiropractor? They might be able to help with the pain as well as maybe helping trigger labor.

I am so sorry.