Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Poor Sick Little Girl

Angie woke up this morning crying and saying her back hurt. Giving her back a kiss did not make everything all better so we suspected this was a real pain. She had a slight fever in the morning which turned to 102.5 by the afternoon. After an early nap she woke up and asked to go to the doctor. Having no other symptoms I decided to take her to the doctor, I was worried about a bladder/kidney infection.

Her regular doctor was on vacation so we had to spend 3 lovely hours at an urgent care. After 10 minutes of this super pregnant Mommy squatting I finally got little Angie to pee in a cup. It appeared to be a bladder infection with a possible kidney infection. Angie actually fell asleep on me at the doctors office which never happens. He ordered antibiotics so off we went to have the filled. Andy had prior plans to be at a work sponsored Dodger game so us girls were on our own for the day and night.

When we got to Target to get the prescription I asked Angie if she wanted to sit in the cart and she said she wanted to lie down. I put the shopping cart protector in and laid her down as seen in the picture. The poor girl slept while in the store.

When we got home it was getting late. I tried to get her to eat dinner and then gave her the antibiotics. Her fever was still high so I gave her Tylenol as well. I put her to bed and she went right down without a fight. I checked on her an hour later and found that she had thrown up all over herself and her bed and was sleeping in it, the poor thing.

So now 9 months pregnant I am bathing Angie late at night, changing her bedding and getting it all washed. This was after an already long exhausting day. I call Andy in tears and he decides to leave the game shortly before it ended. They were playing horribly anyway.

Thankfully she did not throw up again and the next day she was feeling much better and seemed to be all better the day after that.

No comments: