Monday, June 20, 2011

Danny's First Visitors

We went to bed at midnight and I woke up at 2:00am to go to the bathroom. I was having contractions and could not really sleep afterward. At about 4am I felt what I thought was my water breaking. I went to the bathroom and then told Andy to start getting ready. I called my sister who was driving down from Portland Oregon at the time to see how far away she was. Thankfully she was only 30 minutes away. I jumped in the shower and got ready to leave. As soon as my sister Darby got here I gave her a big hug and Andy and I headed to the hospital. So grateful for that great timing!
It was confirmed that my water had broken. Contractions continued to get stronger and I progressed. I went from 6cm to 10cm from 12pm to 1pm! This labor went faster than my first. Thankfully after about 30 minutes of pushing Danny was delivered safely. We quickly learned about his very strong lungs and cry.
I was so grateful to have my healthy baby boy here safe and sound.
Daddy was quite happy as well to have his baby boy here.
Father and son bonding time.
Danny has already left his print on his Daddy.
Daddy getting Danny ready for his first visitors.
A little rest before the visitors arrive.
Andy was very excited to introduce Angie to Danny and wanted her to be his first visitor. She was happy and excited as well.

Here is Angie, Danny's very first visitor.
Angie was very sweet and gentle with her baby brother.
She was very curious as well.

Angie explores her new baby brother.

Angie thought Danny's "kisses" were silly.
Aunt Darby was happy to hold a new baby.
Grandpa Bob has Danny wrapped around his finger.
Danny gave Angie some presents including a Sleeping Beauty book. As soon as she got the book she wanted to read it to her baby brother.

Angie loves books and I am so glad she wants to share that love with her baby brother.
Newborns are so nice and sleepy.
Grandpa Bob was happy to now have a grandson to add to his collection :)
Angie sure is the BIG SISTER!
Uncle Cameron meets Danny.
We had wonderful first day with our new Danny. Now Danny says "peace out" and goodnight.

No comments: