Friday, September 24, 2010

Till We Meet Again Kristine

Today I went to the funeral of my friend Kristine who I knew from Junior High and High School. She lost her battle with kidney cancer. She was three days younger than me. In school I remember her as a very kind and spiritual person. She always had a smile and I always felt welcome in her presence. We had lost touch after school but found one another again and connected on facebook.

She has two young children she is leaving behind. My heart aches for these precious children losing their Mother. In some ways I envy the perspective and knowledge she has now not having the earthly cares to distract her. She is now able to know about her Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ in a way that I do not fully right now. She lived a life full of love and goodness. At the same time I cannot imagine leaving my children and not being able to raise them to adulthood. One of my greatest fears in life is to leave my family too early or lose my husband or child too early. I have faith that there is a plan for each of us but I love being here with my little family. This experience reminds me to cherish my dear husband and precious daughter more and appreciate the little things with them.

Kristine, I find peace in knowing that you lived a life believing in Christ and that you are now out of physical pain. You have made a great impact on many people who will miss you until we meet again.

1 comment:

Karen and Joe said...

very touching post megan!