Friday, July 16, 2010

Burial in Arlington, WA

It has been a very long time since I have been in Arlington Washington where my Mother grew up. Here is my Grandparent's headstone. The weather was beautiful and as usual there were so many beautiful tall trees.
Here is my Great Grandparent's headstone. Next to them is my Great Aunt Amy Joyce and my Mother is being buried right next to her.
I was so grateful that my dear friend Audra from college came to give me support.
Here the men bring Mom to her grave. Cameron wanted the experience to be a pall bearer, I am glad that he got the chance. It was a very simple graveside service. Andy conducted, there was open time for people to get up and tell their thoughts and memories, we sang I am a Child of God, Andy dedicated the grave, I gave a closing prayer and a bugler played taps while the casket was lowered.
More juice please!
Some of the family went to lunch. It was nice especially since much of the family there I never remember ever meeting! It was nice to get to know people. Some came as far as from Idaho and Oregon.
A picture of my Aunt Susan, Me, my brother Cameron, my sister Darby and my Aunt Barbara.
Next we took a little tour of Arlington. This was my Grandparent's home on Becky Ave. My Mother grew up in this home and this is the home that my Grandparents lived in until my Grandmothers death. I have many memories of having lots of fun here as a child when we visited.
Such a beautiful home, the only house on the street. It had a circular driveway, the view from the backyard was spectacular. There is a cliff in the backyard with a river at the bottom.
This was my Great Grandparent's home. I also remember visiting this home as a child. My Great Grandfather died when I was 7 years old. Both my Grandfather and Great Grandfather were professional photographers and you can still find their postcards being sold in Seattle.
This is the monkey tail tree in front of the home my Mother lived in when she was a younger child.
This is the house my Mother lived in as a young child. My Great Grandparents built it and my Grandparents ended up buying it from them. It was right next to the previous pictured home that my Great Grandparent's lived in and on the other side was a park. What a great location to raise a young family!
Here is the park next to my Grandparents home. Look at those trees!
I spent some time with my friend Audra in the afternoon while everyone else went back to the hotel for naps and relaxation. Later in the evening we met up to eat a delicious dinner at the Metropolitan.

3 comments:

Spamdrew said...

You should of labeled the picture of Audra as "your favorite roommate"

Karen and Joe said...

Glad you were able to meet and be with family during that hard time. I'm proud of you for saying the prayer and andy for doing the service for her!

Kendra said...

I'm so glad you went, it looks so gorgeous. Hugs xoxox!!!