Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Good to Bad


The morning started easy with me being able to shower and put on makeup. I went grocery shopping with Angie and she was an angel. To allow me to unload the groceries from the car and put them away in the kitchen I put on Baby Einstein. Angie loves Baby Einstein, she gets excited when it is put on and watches it more intently than any other show. Of the Baby Einsteins Angie loves the DaVinci one the best. Here are a couple of videos showing Angie standing there watching the whole time I took care of the groceries.

I try to not let her watch TV too much but use it when I need her to let me get something done.

Later that day Angie was way off schedule and would not nap. She turned into a teething monster. Poor thing is so close to getting teeth. I have been trying to get her to eat some of the baby foods with meat mixed in. She has been very resistant. Should I keep trying or wait a couple weeks and try again? This video from a week ago shows her gagging on the horrible taste. Poor baby.
Well Angie was very fussy and made the second half of the day crazy. This picture shows my feelings perfectly about how the rest of the day went, a MESS!

4 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

we love baby einstein too. Brooke likes the On The Go one. (She has a facination with trains right now)

For meat...buy a baby food grinder! (cheap hand one works just fine) Make your own meat baby food. It is so easy. Both my girls ate what we ate (for the most part) That made the transition to real food easy too. Just take a little chicken, and potatoes, add a little formula/milk and grind it up. The potatoes hide the texture of the meat pretty well. We pretty much ground up for dinner whatever we were eating, I just made sure theirs didn't have as much salt and added stuff.

Some other mixtures my girls liked...
chicken with applesauce
spaghetti with meat sauce
ham with sweet potatoes
pork with applesauce
chicken with avocado-a favorite!

Get creative! The trick is to mix it all together. I often put the veggies in the mix too.

I still used the store bought for on the go days.

Lacey said...

I never fed Kody the baby food meat until he was in stage 3 and it was mixed in as the dinners. He wouldn't eat the nasty meat no matter what I did before stage 3. So good luck!

with love, r said...

From the previous post...you NEED to take advantage! Don't feel guilty! Take advantage of me! If you need me to watch Angie I would LOVE to. Please please please.

Sarah said...

She is so ADORABLE! Teething is the worst, but luckily it doesn't last too long. I'm glad that she is such a good baby!