Thursday, January 15, 2009

Goodbye Irvine Hospital

Today is that last day that Irvine Hospital, where I used to work, was open. Tenet who owned the hospital decided not to renew their lease and close the hospital. I guess that they just could not stay in business without me there. Hee hee JK. Hoag Hospital has taken over the lease and will reopen after extensive renovation of the building. I have greatly enjoyed working at this hospital, with only 5 floors it had a small feel where you could get to know most everyone. I hope in the future my path will cross with some of those whom I have worked with here.
This is George and Jean with Angie. I worked with George and Jean in the Physical Therapy department. Behind you can see the beautiful view of Irvine. When I first started working there those buildings where not there and it was beautiful farm land.
This is me, Angie, Jean and Flannan. If you cannot tell by the pictures Jean was very happy to hold Angie. Because it was not a patient care day Jean was able to hold her without fear of transferring patient germs. I worked with Flannan in Case Management. He started working at the hospital when it opened it's doors and is now seeing those doors close. The hospital felt very empty. It was somewhat sad seeing this era of my life close. There were others that we wanted to see but missed them (sorry Fay, Juie and Ruth)
Angie has mastered getting things to her mouth to chew on.
This is her cute smile where she makes her lips disappear.
Sorry they were all so cute I had to choose more than one. I made this headband for her this morning. I think it is cute but don't know if it looks to big. Any comments?
After visiting with my work we had lunch with Andy. Angie loves visiting her daddy. He loves visiting her too. Here she is "helping" her daddy work.

6 comments:

The Mulligan Family said...

She looks adorable. Love the headband! I'll be she got more work done than Andy did! tee hee hee... Love you! GG Cindy

Unknown said...

And Kaybee Toys went bankrupt after you left. I think I see a pattern.
Angie looks so pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
-daddo

Townsend said...

the bow headband is beautiful and PERFECT...definitely not too big!! you want to see BIG bows..go to the 'finton family' link on my blog list!!!
angie is too cute!!

Mike and Shelby said...

My mom used to work there too (one of the original employees) and couldn't make it the reunion. I also had my two babies at that hospital. So we have fond memories there.

I love the headband!

Darby said...

I love her big bow. It makes her look less bald. :) I love that little baldie. See you in a few hours.

Rachel said...

Cute little helper! Great looking headband. I need to learn to do this. Ella's hair just refuses to grow. She needs some cranial adornment. :D