Friday, April 8, 2011

Mt Tabor Park and Chap Art in Portland


Our second day in Portland was spent at Mt Tabor Park in the morning.
It was fun taking time playing with Angie.
She loves exploring new places to play.
They have things here that we don't at home, like a Merry Go Round.

Pardon our singing but we did have fun. It took Angie some warm up time to get used to the Merry Go Round. She would not go on when other kids/people were on it.
We had fun learning about see saws.
Then Angie decided to go exploring. She loves steps so was magnetically drawn to them.
I think she was trying to put me into labor. It was seriously like 10 flights of stairs!
Angie had fun on the swings with Aunt Darby.
Nice mountain view from the park.
We don't have trees like this at home.
Angie's self portrait while in the car.
After nap time we went to one of my favorite things from the trip. It is called the Chap Art Factory. For only $5 per hour you can come in and paint on anything except the windows and the floor.
Angie loves to paint and went right to work making art for people.
They said paint anywhere so why not the ceiling?
It was fun to spend time together making art, especially where I don't have to clean up :)
What used to be old and used up is now a fun piece of art.
Angie had loads of fun painting this car. It was hard for her to get used to painting "outside the lines" but once she figured out it was okay she had fun. I realized I need to be less rigid with her and allow her creativity to flow more often. I wish we had something like this closer to home.
Aunt Darby was a great help.
Fun painting the cardboard city.
Aunt Darby gets in on the fun too.
I sure love this cute little happy girl!
More art to take home and give away.
They had paint, markers and glitter glue with all sorts of fun things to glue onto your art.
One last fun ride before we had to go. I wish we could have spent more time there but we arrived just one hour before they closed. Super fun, I highly recommend it if you are ever in Portland.
Wind down with some fun watching the two little ones in the evening.

1 comment:

Darby said...

I am glad I got to share the Moss State with you and that those stairs did not bring AJ into this world early. You are welcome back any time. :)