Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Visit to Balboa Park in SD

Angie and I went down to San Diego and went around Balboa Park with Aunt Darby. Angie had a great time trying Aunt Darby's sunglasses while we had lunch.

Angie could be entertained by anything. Here Angie and Aunt Darby are playing with a straw.
There were so many beautiful fountains there.

Here Aunt Darby is trying to teach Angie how to throw a penny in the water and make a wish.

Angie loved running around with Aunt Darby.
They had a beautiful Koi pond.

Angie did not know what to do around the fish at first. You can hear the beautiful Sax playing in the background.
We went for a walk around while Angie took a nap in the stroller. There were many squirrels around.
Saw these unique flowers during our walk.
Angie woke up from her nap and loved poking at Aunt Darby's braces.
It was a great day for sunglasses.
I thought the root system on this tree was pretty impressive.
I love the submissiveness and trust displayed by seeing Angie holding hands with someone.
I also got the pleasure of holding hands with Angie during our walk.
On our way out we saw this cool sculpture of an alligator.
It was very fun to climb on.
Here Angie checks out the marbles embedded in the sculpture.
Aunt Darby holds Angie up to see the mirrored tiles in the sculpture.
This is a cute fountain in-front of the children's museum. Later we met up with Stephen and ate dinner at a place called Bite. We had a great time, thanks a bunch Aunt Darby!

2 comments:

Darby said...

That was such a fun day. Thank you for making the trip down and for sharing.

Mike and Shelby said...

I love your posts with 'Aunt Darby!' I love my sisters' kids and they love my kids so I know how special that aunt relationship can be!